Purchasing your first home can seem like a daunting task. That’s why the Gatas Team hopes to make every step an easy process.
“A lot of times people will continue to pay rent for years and years, not realizing that rent payment could be going towards a mortgage. Instead of paying for your own home, you’re essentially paying off a landlord’s home instead,” said John Gatas of the Gatas Team at Keller Williams Realty.
But what’s the first step?
1) The first step is getting pre-qualified for a mortgage by the bank. Many people are afraid they have bad credit, but there are actually ways to improve it. The Gatas Team can help with that. They will recommend a reliable and efficient mortgage company to assist you. You also want a trusted realtor on your side because you want someone who wants to work for you. Someone who would never put you in a home you’re not meant to be in.
2) The next step is getting pre-approved by submitting financial documents to the bank.This may seem like a lot of work, but it’s in your best interest so you don’t purchase a home you can’t afford.
3) Once pre-approved, you will know exactly how much you can afford and then go home shopping with a trusted realtor, which is the fun part. The Gatas Team will guide you in the right direction of estimated city and school taxes you will pay, so there are never any surprises. School rankings are listed here.
4) Once you find the home of your dreams, your real estate agent will act as your negotiator. You want a talented and experienced negotiator on your side because 1) you want to win the bid for the house of your dreams and 2) you don’t want to overpay if you don’t have to. The Gatas Team will always work in your best interest because they seek to serve and not be served.
5) Once the bid is accepted, the legal process begins to close on the home. While this can be overwhelming, the Gatas Team will help you make closing as smooth as possible.
So what are you waiting for? Call 716-218-3146 to schedule a free meeting with the Gatas Team to get you into your first home!
The Gatas Team also has more information on making the process easier for listing your home, and for those interested in multi-family homes, the Gatas Team is here for you, too!